Sunday, March 23, 2014

Facing South East?

Why is the Blog called Facing South East?  Well I couldn't think of a name until I was working on where my chicken coop will be in the yard.  

The thing about open air poultry houses they need to face South East, at least that's what it says in the book.  So I thought I'd check for my part of the world.  After a short search I found weatherspark.com, it gives you all the information on weather patterns and especially wind directions.


Wind Directions Over the Entire Year

Values do not sum to 100% because the wind direction is undefined when the wind speed is zero.

So the book from 1924 is still correct today.  The least amount of wind comes from the South East and East.  I'm going to point my open front half way between the two.



No comments:

Post a Comment