Saturday, April 26, 2014

Moving in Day

The inside of the coop is finished. Well I still need to put a couple of windows in, that will be done in June. Just got to do the trim around the open front and replace the siding on the North side. I have put up a temporary poultry mesh wall up so that I can separate the growing chicks (in a few weeks) and the 20+ week old RSL hens.

The RSL hens get a 13'x3' pen and the chicks will get 13'x6' once they are out of the brooder. In fall when the young birds are the same size as the RSL hens I'll remove the wall and they can live in harmony. ;)

I put the hens in the coop this morning, had lots of fun catching them :|   Checked them around 10pm and the 4 hens were in the 3 nest boxes. Hopefully they start using the roosts at night.




Wall on the left is temporary.

View from the 6'x10' brooder/egg collecting room

No comments:

Post a Comment